- Full and Part Time Learning
- Part-time Day and Evening Courses
- 17th Edition Course (including 2011 Update)
- Arts and Visual Communications
- (BASE) Borders Academy of Sporting Excellence
- Borders Business Programme
- Digital Media Computing NC and Interactive Media HNC
- Early Education and Childcare HNC (part time)
- eBook Prospectus
- Electrical Engineering - HNC
- English for Speakers of Other Languages – ESOL
- Hair and Beauty Professional Practice
- National Training Programmes
- Open and Flexible Learning
- Order a Prospectus
- Professional Development Awards
- School Plus
- Short Courses
National Training Programmes
Borders College is a recognised Learning Provider for National Training Programmes funded by Skills Development Scotland. More details can be found at www.skillsdevelopmentscotland.co.uk
Our staff work closely with each participant on an individual basis, agree an Individual Training Plan and provide support throughout the duration of each programme. Regular reviews are held to monitor progress.
Get Ready for Work (GRfW)
This programme, which runs for a maximum of 26 weeks, provides work experience opportunities for 16 - 19 year olds. Young people are referred by Careers Advisers and work with an individual member of our team to identify workplace options. Suport is given to assist participants in learning new skills and building confidence to enable them to progress into further training, college or employment.
All participants receive a weekly training allowance and assistance with travel costs, if required.
Anyone over 16 years can apply to train as an MA (Modern Apprentice). MA frameworks incorporate both Level 2 or Level 3 Vocational Qualifications and are available in a wide range of sectors. All trainees need to be in employment throughout the duration for their training programme. These are competency based and not time served qualifications. All industry approved frameworks can be found at www.sscalliance.org please click on Modern Apprenticeships - Scotland for local opportunities.
Spaces still available on some courses
A limited number of spaces still remain available on some courses commencing August 2013.
Ask a Question
If you have any comments or enquiries about Borders College.