Open to all students who are studying on a full-time (or equivalent) programme at Borders College
The Aspire Fund provides students with extra financial support to help develop a talent or grow skills and/or experience in an area of expertise and should relate to your course or career aspirations. These opportunities are wide ranging and may include:
- National or International representation in a Sport
- Building enterprise and business skills which may be linked to an enterprise challenge
- International placement or enhanced work experience outwith the Borders region
- Competitions within your sector/programme area e.g. World Skills, industry competitions
This support will help the development of an individual (or team) above and beyond that which is currently available within your programme of study.
The Aspire Fund is intended to provide a contribution towards the costs of:
- Travel to participate in events/competitions/programmes
- Additional resources such as kit/tools/equipment or facilities
- Mentoring support
Applications to the Aspire Fund will be considered by representatives from the Senior Leadership Team and Students’ Association throughout the academic year.
Submission dates for applications to the Aspire Fund will be as follows:
- Friday 19th October 2018
- Friday 16th November 2018
- Friday 14th December 2018
- Friday 18th January 2019
- Friday 15th February 2019
- Friday 15th March 2019
- Friday 19th April 2019
- Friday 17th May 2019
- Friday 31st May 2019
If you would like to be considered for additional help from the Aspire Fund to support your talent or future development please download and complete the following information on the Word form and submit this at least 1 month prior to the event you wish to be supported with. Applications will not be considered for events that have already taken place prior to your submission.
Please submit completed form to the Student Advice Centre or the Students’ Association Office at Borders College Scottish Borders Campus, Nether Road, Galashiels, TD1 3HE.