- College Calendar 2012 / 2013
- College Calendar 2013 / 2014
- College Documents
- Equality, diversity and inclusion
- Faculty Councils
- Guidelines for continuing learning during adverse weather conditions
- Library Services
- Progression Opportunities
- Student Association
- Student Portal
- Student Support Services
- Students with a Disability
- Your Guide to Assessment and Appeals
Student Support Services
We try to make coming to college as easy as possible but there may be times when you need somebody to talk to about any concerns you have during your studies.
The Student Support Advisor is available to help you with a wide range of issues including personal and emotional problems, money matters, childcare, housing and benefits advice. The Student Support Advisor provides a friendly and confidential service where you are able to talk over your problems in private, and can refer you on to specialist agencies if required.
Appointments can be arranged at the Student Advice Centre reception or by calling 01896 662506 or by emailing email@example.com
Student Support Services Booklet
The above booklet is available from the Student Advice Centre or can be downloaded by clicking here.
Learning Support Service
Borders College is committed to supporting all students to help them achieve.
If you require help with any of the following:-
- Learning difficulty
- Physical disability
- Visual or hearing impairment
- Specific learning difficulty, e.g. dyslexia
- Health problems
- Financial problems
Personal or emotional problems, which may have an impact on your learning.
You may be able to have:
- Special assessment and examination arrangements
- Help in accessing technical support
- Adapted materials
- Additional financial assistance
- Additional support and guidance
- Additional support with course work
Higher National students may be eligible for extra funding through DSA (Disabled Student Allowance).
If specialist help is needed, staff may be able to put students in touch with a network of other support agencies.
For support with any of the above please contact the Extended Learning Support Manager tel 08700 50 51 52 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Spaces still available on some courses
A limited number of spaces still remain available on some courses commencing August 2013.
Ask a Question
If you have any comments or enquiries about Borders College.