Why not study Horticulture / Gardening skills starting this August?
If you’re passionate about ‘growing your career’ then a Horticulture course at Borders College might just be the ideal opportunity for you.
We have places available on our courses starting in August and we invite you to apply today. Applications can be made for our Horticulture Level 1, 2 or 3 courses, depending on your previous experience. Visit our website for full details.
Why study and work in Horticulture?
- You will be working outdoors with a range of trees and plants.
- If getting your hands dirty sounds appealing.
- You will work with local communities to plant, maintain and enhance areas.
- If you want to learn new horticultural knowledge and skills.
- If you want to learn how to use garden machinery such as compact tractors, ride-on mowers, strimmers and hedge cutters.
- You can be part of a strong working team when out on practical horticultural projects.
- You’ll have the opportunity to work alongside professional gardeners in Historic Gardens in the Scottish Borders.
- If you would enjoy visiting commercial nurseries and open gardens.
- You will learn how to propagate plants.
- You can grow and sell a range of plants for the College’s annual plant sale.
- You learn about pests and diseases, and their control.
- To help meet the demand for new entrants and job opportunities in horticulture.
- Horticulture is a subject allowing you to work outside or in a glasshouse environment.
- To create opportunities for establishing your own business.
- There is a wide range of job opportunities, including gardeners, nurseries, garden centres, self-employed landscape gardeners.
- Anyone from any background can study.
Don't miss out - Apply online today. Click the links above to find out more.
Published: Sun 14th Jul, 2019