DigitalBoost Development Grant Fund
The DigitalBoost Development Grant Fund is now open (as of Tuesday 12th January 2021) to Scottish businesses. This £10m fund is being processed on a first come, first served basis.
If you are running a business in Scotland and want to do more with digital, for example: to increase productivity, safeguard jobs, improve cyber security, build online booking systems, develop apps or invest in hardware/software, then this fund may be applicable to you.
The fund is open for applications from Tuesday 12th of January 2021. Applications will be processed on a first come, first served basis.
Who is it for?
The grant is open to all businesses across Scotland who are looking to enhance their service or organisation using digital technology, platforms and innovation. All sectors can apply.
Am I eligible?
- Your business must be based in, and trading in, Scotland.
- Charities, social enterprises and third sector organisations can also apply.
- Your business must be trading a minimum of 6 months.
- Applicants must be over the age of 18.
- Applicants must be a UK resident with the right to work in the UK.
- Businesses must meet the European* definition of an SME in relation to employees, balance sheet and turnover.
- Available to all industry sectors.
*European Definition: The category of micro, small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) is made up of enterprises which employ fewer than 250 persons and which have an annual turnover not exceeding €50 million, and/or an annual balance sheet total not exceeding €43 million.
What can I use the grant for?
- Buying software
- Buying IT, or digital communications, hardware
- Building an online booking/ticketing system
- Building an Ecommerce website
- Developing an app
- Digital Consultancy costs
- Software or hardware rental (first year costs only)
- Building or maintaining websites that are brochures or provide information
- Ongoing annual charges for platforms, hosting or online content management (first year costs only)
How long does it take?
- The online application process should take you less than 30 minutes to complete.
- If your grant is authorised - you have up to 4 weeks (from the date of the application authorisation email) to buy your product(s) and claim the grant.
- Once we’ve received your claim for the grant, including receipts and proof of payment, we will aim to transfer the funds to your stated bank account within 5 working days.
- All grants need to be claimed by 28th February 2021.
For more information on eligibility criteria, FAQs and to start your application visit www.digitalboostdevelopmentgrant.co.uk
Published: Tue 12th Jan, 2021