Scotland’s top performing college is right here on your doorstep
Borders College has once again topped the rankings as the most successful college in Scotland when it comes to student success.
This is the sixth year in succession that the College, with campuses in Galashiels, Newtown St Boswells and Hawick, has been one of the top performers for student success. And, in two of these years, the College has held the number one spot.
College Principal, Liz McIntyre says ‘Borders College is delighted to be able to celebrate once again the success of our students. For a number of years ensuring that our students have the best possible chance of success has been our priority. We aim to do this by providing excellent teaching, a high level of tailored student support combined with great facilities and a hugely positive student experience. Our professional and enthusiastic staff team are at the heart of this strategy and it is due to their efforts that our students do so well and enjoy their time here at the College.’
It is this attention to detail that has made Borders College consistently one of the best performing colleges in Scotland and led to more students than ever achieving their qualifications last year.
From Art & Design to Mechanical Engineering, Beauty Therapy to Gamekeeping, Hospitality to Health Care and a vast range in between, Borders College receives thousands of applications each year from potential students wishing to equip themselves with the essential skills and knowledge to give them the best chance of securing employment and embarking on a fulfilling career.
If you would like to join us and become part of our exciting learning community don’t delay, make your application today, and join Scotland’s number one college where your success is our priority.
All applications received before the 15th March will be guaranteed an interview. Visit borderscollege.ac.uk for more information and to make your application.
- Student Success Performance Indicators
You can view Borders College’s results by clicking on the following web link and then clicking on the Student Success Performance Indicators 2013/2014 document link (Adobe pdf).
The main results for Borders College in 2013/14 are:
- 81.4% of further education full time students completed their studies in the year with 74% achieving their award. (This is 8% above the national average and the highest success rate of any college in Scotland)
- 83.1% of higher education full time students completed their studies with 76% achieving their award. (This is 4.5% above the national average and the second highest of any college in Scotland)
- For all age groups across all programmes longer than 160 hours 72% or more of students achieved their awards.
- The highest success rates for FE programmes longer than 160 hours were achieved in engineering, construction, business & management and special programmes with over 79% achieving their awards.
- The highest success rates for HE programmes longer than 160 hours were achieved in Business & Management with over 83% achieving their awards.
- The success rate for learners in a second year of study at the college is very high at 91.6%. This is the highest rate in Scotland.
The success rate for learners with a disability (75.5%) is the same as the rates for the whole student population success for programmes over 160 hours. This is the highest rate in Scotland.
Published: Fri 23rd Jan, 2015