Sustainable Procurement is defined as 'a process whereby organisations meet their needs for goods, services, works and utilities in a way that achieves value for money on a whole life basis and generates benefits not only to the organisation, but also to society, the economy and the environment'.
Borders College is committed to achieving sustainable procurement by:
- Having a dedicated Senior Management Champion responsible for delivering a plan for sustainable procurement for Borders College linked to the achievement levels as set out in the Flexible Framework
- Committing to the Suppliers’ Charter
- Considering the whole life cost of goods and services procured
- Considering the environmental and social impact of goods and services in the tender process
- Communicating and promoting sustainability to all employees and ensuring that it is included in the tender process
Using the Public Contracts Scotland Advertising Portal for goods and services above £20,000