Business Year 1 (HNC/D - SCQF Level 7/8)
21 Aug 2023
14 Jun 2024
This course has been designed to prepare students for possible progression to a Business degree course at University, and ultimately for a career in Business Administration and Management, enabling students to embrace the challenges presented in a business environment. Students may also seek employment following the successful completion of the HND programme. A wide range of subjects are studied including Marketing, Management, Business Law, HR, Accounting and Economics. Essential employability skills and entrepreneurship are included in units such as Developing Entrepreneurial Skills. Through undertaking a work experience placement in year 1, students have the opportunity to consolidate new skills and knowledge developed throughout their course.
Upon successful completion, candidates will achieve the following awards;
- HNC Business at SCQF Levels 7
- HND Business at SCQF Level 8 can be achieved upon successful completion of HNC.
Some of the units included cover topics such as Marketing, Economic Issues and Business Fundamentals and Emerging Technology.
The course is full-time with delivery on campus over three days, for 36 weeks (Year 1). There will be some hybrid learning opportunities and this will be flexible throughout the delivery.
Applications should have 2 relevant Higher qualifications at grade C or be progressing from Business and Enterprise (inc. Communications) at Level 6 or a similar programme.Applicants with no formal qualifications will be considered on an individual basis and their applications or enquiries are encouraged.
On successful completion of the course, students may progress to some of the pathways outlined below.
Further or Higher Education Opportunities
- HND Business Year 2 taught at Borders College
- Other progression opportunities agreed upon with Borders College and partner Higher Education Establishments. Please speak to the course team for further information.
Employment opportunities in this vocational area that are applicable to the units undertaken in this course, such as;
- Managerial positions in business organisations
- Commercial managerial positions in business organisations
- Supervisory roles in business organisations
Get in touch for further information, we’re here to help.
01896 66 26 00