Elementary Cleaning and Disinfection (REHIS)
05 Jul 2023
05 Jul 2023
It is of paramount importance for anyone working in the cleaning industry to have an understanding of good working practices. This course is ideal for anyone involved in keeping areas clean.
A REHIS (Royal Environmental Health Institute of Scotland) accredited certificate will be awarded on successful completion of the course.
One-day course including multiple choice assessment, from 09:00 to 14:00.To be kept up to date with future course dates, please contact a member of the Department of Business Enterprise and Innovation on 01450 361030 or email DEBI@borderscollege.ac.uk
No formal entry requirements.
Additional Funding Information
ITA (Individual Training Account) funding may be available for this course. To find out more, please call 01450 361030 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
This course covers the following topics:
- The benefits of high standards of cleaning and disinfection and the disadvantages and costs of poor standards of cleaning and disinfection.
- The legal and moral reasons for cleaning and disinfection.
- The meaning of the following terms: contamination and cross-contamination, cleaning, disinfection, detergent, disinfectant, bactericide, bactericidal detergent/sanitiser, sterilising, contact time, dilution rates.
- The role the employer and employee has in maintaining high standards.
- The requirement for an employer to provide sufficient and adequate facilities for cleaning and disinfection.
- The use of a documented cleaning schedule.
- Why it is important to monitor cleaning standards.
- The importance of high standards of personal hygiene.
- The relationship between hazards and risk and the importance of risk assessments.
- The importance of reporting safety hazards and faults in cleaning equipment to supervisors.
- The correct use of chemicals, COSHH & Safety data. To recognise and explain the hazard symbols on chemicals.
- The importance of keeping accurate records.
- Cleaning Equipment and Processes.
Get in touch for further information, we’re here to help.
01896 66 26 00