National 5 Textiles Industry Skills for Work Course
18th April – 4th July. Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursdays from 9.30 am – 1.30 pm
Applications close Friday 7th April.
Skills for Work: Textiles Industry at National 5 is an introductory qualification in textiles. It develops the skills, knowledge and attitudes needed for work in the textiles industry.
Learners will develop:
- Knowledge of the scope of job roles within the textiles manufacturing industry
- Knowledge of the journey taken by textiles products from raw material to finished product.
- Practical skills used in the textiles manufacturing industry
- Knowledge of how to become effective job seekers and employees in the textile manufacturing industry
- A positive and responsible attitude to work
- Communication and team-working skills
- As part of the course candidates will get the opportunity to meet with potential employers.
This course is aimed at school leavers, unemployed, returners to work, career changers, part-time employees and home workers, giving the opportunity of a general overview of the textiles manufacturing industry and introducing learners to its diversity.
This 12-week fully funded programme is being delivered at our Hawick Campus two days per week to undertake tutorials, work experience and self-directed study guided by our Assessor, who will support you every step of the way.