British Sign Language - An Introduction
This course is ideal for anyone who is interested in learning British Sign Language (BSL) to gain an understanding of basic BSL communication and Deaf Awareness. This course is aimed at beginners with little or no knowledge of Sign Language, which can help to build confidence before progressing to a Certificate in British Sign Language Level 1 course.REGISTER YOUR INTERESTPlease contact us on 01450 361030 or enquire using the link below.
A Borders College Certificate of Attendance will be gained on completing the course.
12-week community course from 2.00pm to 4.00pm, one afternoon per week
This course is aimed at beginners with little or no existing knowledge of British Sign Language.
Having completed the course, students will have the basic skills required to move on to the certificated course, British Sign Language Level 1.
You will learn:
- To understand finger spelling and sign language
- To introduce yourself and learn to understand and communicate basic informatio
- Basic numbers
- How to discuss the weather and transport
- How to ask for and give directions using basic grammar and vocabulary
- To give and ask for information in pairs
You will also gain more of an understanding of deaf awareness.
Course subject may change as needs dictate.
Get in touch for further information, we’re here to help.
01896 66 26 00