Venue Hire at Borders College
Our event spaces are perfect for everything from conferences, meetings, workshops, training seminars, exhibitions, formal dinners, or an office away day with team building activities.
- Capacity of up to 20.
- Capacity: 214 total (164, tiered seating + 50 flat) or 140 cabaret style. Additional AV Equipment/Microphones available.
Small Lecture Theatre
- 92, tiered seating. Microphones available
Small meeting room
- Capacity: Various --> 20
Large meeting room
- Capacity: Various --> 30
The Hub Refectory
- Capacity: Various --> 180. Limited availability during term time.
The Hub Cafe
- Capacity: Various --> 80. Limited availability during term time.
- Capacity: --> 30
- Capacity: Various --> 30
- Capacity: Various
We also have specialist areas, including our Computer Lab and Health Hub (Galashiels campus only), available to book, as well as spaces for meetings and workshops at our Hawick campus.
If you're not sure that we've got the space you're looking for, please email email@example.com, or get in touch using the contact form below.
All spaces come with:
- Free guest wi-fi
- Projector/SmartScreen/TV screen
- AV/IT/Facilities support during College working hours (additional costs for out-of-hours support)
Available on request:
- Additional TV screens
- Flip charts
- Up to seven reserved parking spaces in the campus car park (subject to availability)
Available at additional cost:
- Out-of-hours AV/IT/Facilities support
The Galashiels campus hosts two in-house caterers:
Run by hospitality students, The Restaurant at Borders College is open to staff, students, and members of the public, for lunch and dinner on various days of the week. Producing everything from finger buffets to three-course banquets, The Restaurant also offers catering for events on and off campus, with a wide range of set menu options, as well as bespoke menus available on request. As far as possible we aim to use Scottish produce and all food is fresh and prepared daily.
Professional onsite caterers
Our professional onsite caterers provide the catering in The Hub Café & Bar and are also available to cater for external events from working lunches to formal dinners.
For catering options or to see our range of sample menus please contact the Events Office on firstname.lastname@example.org
The Hawick Campus: Catering can be arranged for Hawick campus meetings and events as required.
- If additional staff are required to cater for your event, or your event is out of hours, there may be an additional cost
The event ran really smoothly and the catering was great - we will definitely be back if we hold similar events.
We found the College team very good to work with and willing to help out with any issues. The feedback has been very positive, and we appreciate your part in delivering a successful event.
Huge thank you to you and Borders College for helping with all the organisational challenges! ...turned out to be worth the trouble! You were super helpful. The teachers and the group really enjoyed staying at the campus. They were overwhelmed by the friendliness and welcoming spirit of Galaleans towards them and each other.
Before, during and after our event we were well looked after. Couldn't fault it.
Great service from start to finish.
Get in touch about your event
If you can, please let us know:
- The date and time of your event
- How many people will be attending
- If you require any catering
- If you require any IT support
If you're not sure of anything, please don't hesitate to get in touch.