Elementary Cleaning and Disinfection (REHIS)
It is of paramount importance for anyone working in the cleaning industry to have an understanding of good working practices. This course is ideal for anyone involved in keeping areas clean.
REGISTER YOUR INTEREST
Please contact us on 01450 361030 or enquire using the link below.
A REHIS (Royal Environmental Health Institute of Scotland) accredited certificate will be awarded on successful completion of the course.
8.45am to 2pm including multiple-choice assessment.
Delivery held at one of the following campuses (confirmed upon enquiry)
Hawick, TD9 0EH
Galashiels, TD1 3HE
We may also be able to deliver this on your premises subject to a minimum number of candidates.
No formal entry requirements.
This course covers the following topics:
- The benefits of high standards of cleaning and disinfection and the disadvantages and costs of poor standards of cleaning and disinfection.
- The legal and moral reasons for cleaning and disinfection.
- The meaning of the following terms: contamination and cross-contamination, cleaning, disinfection, detergent, disinfectant, bactericide, bactericidal detergent/sanitiser, sterilising, contact time, dilution rates.
- The role the employer and employee has in maintaining high standards.
- The requirement for an employer to provide sufficient and adequate facilities for cleaning and disinfection.
- The use of a documented cleaning schedule.
- Why it is important to monitor cleaning standards.
- The importance of high standards of personal hygiene.
- The relationship between hazards and risk and the importance of risk assessments.
- The importance of reporting safety hazards and faults in cleaning equipment to supervisors.
- The correct use of chemicals, COSHH & Safety data. To recognise and explain the hazard symbols on chemicals.
- The importance of keeping accurate records.
- Cleaning Equipment and Processes.
Get in touch for further information, we’re here to help.
01896 66 26 00