Mental Health First Aid (Level 2)
This 6-hour qualification provides learners with the knowledge to recognise a range of mental health conditions, how to start a supportive conversation and when and how to signpost a person to seek appropriate professional help. Learners will know how to recognise and manage stress and understand the impact of substance abuse. They will learn about the first aid action plan for mental health, be able to put it in place and know how to implement a positive mental health culture in the workplace.
Learners will not diagnose or treat mental health conditions as this can only be carried out by healthcare professionals but will gain the knowledge to identify when a person may have a condition and know where they can go to get help.
REGISTER YOUR INTEREST
Please contact us on 01450 361030 or enquire using the link below.
FAA Level 2 Award in First Aid for Mental Health (RQF) Award in First Aid for Mental Health at SCQF Level 5The qualification is valid for three years from the date of achievement. It is strongly recommended that the learner attends annual refresher training.The learner will need to complete the full course again to requalify for a further three years.
9.30am to 4.30pm
Delivery held at one of the following campuses (confirmed upon enquiry)
Hawick, TD9 0EH
Galashiels, TD1 3HE
We may also be able to deliver this on your premises subject to a minimum number of candidates.
It is recommended that learners should hold a minimum of Level 1 in literacy or equivalent to undertake this qualification.It may be possible to allocate a reasonable adjustment to a learner who has a disability, medical condition or learning need; learners should contact their training provider to discuss.
FAA Level 3 Award in Supervising First Aid for Mental Health (RQF) Award in Leading First Aid for Mental Health at SCQF Level 6
The learner will:
- Know what mental health is, why people develop mental health conditions and the role of a First Aider for mental health.
- Know how to provide practical support for a person presenting a mental health condition.
- Know how to recognise and manage stress.
- Know how to recognise a range of mental health conditions.
- Understand the impact of substance abuse on mental health.
- Understand the first aid action plan for mental health and be able to put it in place.
- Know how to implement a positive mental health culture in the workplace.
Get in touch for further information, we’re here to help.
01896 66 26 00