Upon successful completion of this Modern Appreticeship, candidates will acheive the following outcomes:
- SVQ in Youth Work at SCQF Level 7
- Core Skills at SCQF Level 6 and Level 5
- An additonal unit or outcome
At your workplace. An assessor will be in regular contact with you to provide personalised guidance and support.
Students should be employed and carrying out relevant tasks and responsibilities which allow then to gather the required evidence. No prior qualifications are required to undertake this qualification, although experience in/knowledge of subject would be an advantage.
This course comprises of 6 mandatory units and 2 optional units.
The mandatory units cover the following areas:
- Comply with legal, regulatory and ethical requirements when carrying out youth work
- Enable young people to identify, reflect and use their learning to enhance their future development
- Apply youth work values and principles in group work
- Equip young people with safeguarding techniques
- Engage with young people to promote their emotional wellbeing and mental health
- Work as an effective and critically reflective youth work practitioner
Optional units can cover a range of subjects including developing and maintaining working relationships; assisting young people to recognise, realise and defend their rights; securing funding and resources and providing leadership to other youth workers and volunteers.
Get in touch for further information, we’re here to help.
01896 66 26 00