Tractor Driving for Beginners
Rural industry has a long and proud tradition of giving young workers the opportunity to learn on the job. Operating tractors is a classic example of that. Using agricultural machinery involves an element of danger, and tractors are no exception. Our course enables younger workers to develop or expand on the skills and knowledge required to operate a tractor safely and competently.
A LANTRA approved certificate will be awarded upon successful completion.
This is a 2-day course.
This course is for candidates age 13 to 15 years
Experienced instructors will guide you through two days of training. You will be able to use the tractor safely and with confidence. The key fundamentals of driving and loading are covered. There are also sessions on pre-start checks and health and safety. You will work with some of the attachments that make the tractor such a versatile machine
- Health and safety legislation
- Pre-start checks
- Operating the tractor
- Mounted implements
- Trailed machines.
By the end of the course, you'll be able to:
- Mount and dismount safely
- Understand the purpose and meaning of the instrumentation
- Understand the function of all controls
- Understand the hazards associated with using controls
- Understand the reasons for daily checks
- Start and stop the engine in a safe manner
- Be competent in driving a tractor in a forward and reverse direction
- Leave the tractor in a safe state
- Competently perform checking of the lubrication, cooling and air intake of the engine
- Perform basic lubrication of the tractor and ensure it is in a safe road-going state
- Attach a mounted implement and manoeuvre in a forward and reverse direction
- Attach a trailed implement and manoeuvre in a forward and reverse direction
Get in touch for further information, we’re here to help.
01896 66 26 00