Get in touch to discuss your training requirements. Courses offered on demand.
- All Terrain Vehicles (ATV)
- Animal Care
- Brush Cutting, Strimmer Clearance Saw Operation and Maintenance
- Chainsaw Maintenance Cross-cut and fell
- Deer Management
- Forestry NPA
- Fox and Rabbit control by Snaring
- Horse Care
- Land-based Apprenticeships
- Land-based Service Engineering
- Local Food production NPA
- Mixed Farming Modern Apprenticeship
- Mole Control
- Nature Skills Training
- Poultry Keeping, Introduction to
- Scottish Racing Academy
- Stihl Saw Operation and Maintenance
- Tractor driving for Beginners
The Rural Skills department is located at the Newtown St Boswells campus.
We have excellent links with the land-based sector and use this special relationship to allow students access to the relevant local business, charities, large estates and farms in the Borders Region, Northumberland and nationally.
The Land and Animal Management department is sited at the Newtown St Boswells campus, which is ideally situated for access to the countryside. The department has excellent links with the land-based sector and uses this special relationship to allow students access to the many large estates and farms in the Borders Region, Northumberland and nationally. This gives a realistic working environment, which supports student practical learning.
We enjoy the benefits of being well-equipped with tractors, ATVs, machinery, small plant, workshops, a large modern glasshouse, access to Riddell Estate, and animal care centre. There is a large portfolio of short courses available, which can be delivered from the Newtown St Boswells Campus and on location.
- Address: Borders College, Newtown St Boswells, Scottish Borders, TD6 0PL
Rural Skills Pathways
An innovative partnership funded by the Scottish Funding Council showcasing career pathways for the land based sector in the South of Scotland.
A Borders College and Scotland’s Rural College (SRUC) partnership.
Find out more
Please get in touch for an informal chat about how we can support your business to develop, grow and #prosper.