Do you live in the Scottish Borders and want to take advantage of our schools and college partnership Foundation Apprenticeship programmes?
We are delighted to announce that we still have places available on our Foundation Apprenticeships starting this August.
SCQF Level 4 or 5 (1 year)
• Automotive Skills SCQF Level 4
• Construction Level 4
• Hospitality Skills - Level 4
• Hospitality Skills - Level 5
SCQF Level 6 (1 year)
• Civil Engineering
• Social Services: Children and Young People - Fast-track
• Social Services and Healthcare Foundation Apprenticeship - Fast-track
• Software Development - Fast-track
SCQF Level 6 (2 years)
• Business Skills
A Foundation Apprenticeship gives you the combination of a qualification and valuable workplace experience in some of Scotland’s most exciting industries, all with projected growth in jobs.
Foundation Apprenticeships are for pupils making decisions about which subjects they’ll study in S5 and S6. In general, they are suited to pupils who:
• Are capable of working at SCQF Level 6 – the same level of learning as a Higher
• Want to try an alternative way to learn, not just in the classroom
• Have an interest in developing greater awareness of a specific industry with an aspiration of pursuing a career in that area.
Whether you want to go to university or college, do an Apprenticeship or go straight into work, a Foundation Apprenticeship can help.
Fast-track programmes can be completed in one academic year, while others are studied over two years.
Foundation Apprenticeships: Get work experience, get qualified